Each month, we here at Bake with Rho want to give away a token of our appreciation to one of the members of our community. Every month we have a contest to win a $20 gift card from Amazon.com! I just delivered the very first one and it felt amazing (Congratulations again, Debbie)! I can’t wait to do it again in April!
Talk on the street is that the contest is a little confusing! That’s my own fault, friends… I got so excited about the idea of a contest that I never actually put all the relevant information in on place for you, and I’m going to do that now! So please accept my apologies, and read on, valued community member!
Before explaining the contest, I need to explain how production for Bake with Rho actually works – You see, we are planning in advance and filming in advance and I know that can get confusing – So I’m going to run through it really quick – Let’s talk about May (which will be the subject of the next contest).
How the Shopping List Contest Works
- We start planning the projects for May in February or March. That means that any new recipes are tested (and tasted, yum!) and that I’ve worked out a basic schedule in my head. All of the projects for may were finalized in mid-March.
- On the 8th of April, Ana will drag her butt over here and we will spend the entire day filming, taking photos and then have a celebratory drink when we’ve finished.
- On the 15th of April, I’ll send an e-mail to subscribers with the shopping list for the ingredients for the May project. (THIS appears to be where it’s most confusing) because it will be called “May Shopping List”. That’s because I’m giving you the list early so that you can get ready if you like! Entries are due by 4:00 PM on the 20th of April. The dates don’t change, only the Months. So every month month on the 15th a shopping list will be sent and all entries will be due by the 20th.
- At about 5 or 5:30 PM on the 20th, I’ll go LIVE on Facebook and announce the winner!
- A lovely Bake with Rho Amazon Gift Card will show up in your e-mail by the next day.
Of course there are some rules for the contest – I don’t think they’re burdensome, they’re just necessary!
- You must Like the Bake with Rho Facebook page.
- You must be subscribed to the Bake with Rho Newsletter. There is a nifty little box you can fill out at the top of the right column of this page. There is also a Sign-up button on the Bake with Rho Facebook page. Important: You will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm that you really want to subscribe. If you don’t confirm, you won’t get the contest e-mail each month.
- Members of my immediate family are not eligible to win (you’re already winners!). Honestly, it’s not fair since I may let a little information slip in general conversations.
- If you don’t know the answer, guess! When I review the entries, if no one has guessed at least two projects correctly, I’ll do a random draw of all entries. If two or more people have correct entries, then I’ll do a draw from those. Someone is walking away a winner every month, why not you?
- While entrants can win multiple times, you can’t be eligible to win twice in a row. We want to share the love!
If you have trouble seeing e-mail from me, please add me as a “Safe Sender” in your e-mail or check your Junk and mark my message “Not Junk”. The easiest way to “authorize” mail from me is to simply add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your contacts list.
If you have any questions at all, please let me know by commenting here or on the Facebook page and I’ll answer you as soon as possible!
Good luck, everyone! I can’t wait for the next round!