Friday night, we made some delicious Fudge Brownies & Baileys Live on Facebook in celebration of St. Patricks’s Day! And they were truly delicious! If you missed it, you can still head over and view the videos.
This was our very first LIVE session and while it was a little nerve wracking, it was also a lot of fun! As I mentioned, this wasn’t my recipe, but one I found online when I was considering what I wanted my first live video to be, and I knew I wanted something for St. Patrick’s Day, but I didn’t want something green.
Life, Love and Sugar had this fantastic recipe, and I wanted something that looked like it would have a great taste, but not so complicated that I couldn’t make it (and make it well) on the first try, in front of a live audience. These brownies fit that bill nicely, and they are packed with flavor. In fact, they are SO packed with flavor that I just couldn’t eat a whole one in one sitting. They’re that rich and chocolatey! If you watched the video you heard me say that I thought 16 brownies from a 9″ pan were too many – I’ll gladly admit that I was completely wrong on that score! These could have easily been cut in half and still made anyone happy.
I learned a few lessons this first time out
- I really miss having Ana around when I’m filming!
- Ana doesn’t know how to use Facebook – She’s an admin our our page and well – she was there as “Bake with Rho” most of the time and confused the bejesus out of me! We may have to take away her admin rights for her own protection!
- I have a great group of friends and family! I mean, I knew that, of course, but seeing people I didn’t expect show up to watch was very encouraging and it meant the world to me – it helped me be less nervous and it gave me someone to talk to.
- I have a lot to learn – I watch my friend and mentor Kara do it, and it looks so seamless! Alas, I now realize that is because she’s done this a zillion times and has figured out how to talk, bake, and watch her computer all at the same time!
- It was fun! I was so nervous, but the bottom line is that I had a great time! LIVE videos on Facebook are more casual and more of a conversation – I absolutely loved doing it and plan to do it again as often as my schedule allows.
Thank you so much to those of you who watched (LIVE or on replay) and especially to those of you who shared the video and invited others to join! It means a lot to me that you would help in this way – the key to my success is going to be word of mouth and shares, etc., so every single time you do it, there’s a positive impact for me and I’m more appreciative than you could possibly know!
Just in case you missed it in the comments, check out the Baileys Fudge Brownies recipe that we made. It’s truly delicious.